Monday, March 28, 2011

Not a lot











There hasn't been anything to eventful in the Kates home over the last few weeks. Kellan will be 5 months old next week, and Cason is an energetic 2 year old ALL the time. Cason has used the bathroom a few times, we just haven't set aside a weekend to potty train full force yet. Believe me though, I'm so ready. We are up to our ears in diapers and can't wait to cut it in half. Cason is still quite the little talker, trying to repeat everything we say. Our filters are definitely on now. He also has an unconditional love for cookies and grapes. He asks for them all the time, even first thing in the morning before he's out of bed. Most of the time he's directed to grapes or something other that the cookies but he gives a valiant effort.

Kellan has rolled over both directions, but doesn't do it often. One thing he's learned from his bubba is to talk. He coo's ALL the time, it's absolutely adorable. Another one of the things Chris and I just love about Kellan is how he just sits back and observes everything. We will be sitting in our chairs and look over at Kellan in the swing and he will contently be watching us, then give us his huge smile that encompasses his entire face. Chris says Kellan is going to be mischievous when he gets older; however, I think he's just going to be a sweet little angel. (Typical mom, I know.) Kellan has tried cereal now too, and is less than impressed. He is not good with a spoon yet, but we are continuing to give it a try most nights. We also have been putting some in his bottles just before bed. This is new territory for us, as Cason had no problems with eating from a spoon. Kellan is eating a lot more with each feeding than Cason ever did though. For a couple of weeks, he was eating 8 oz every 3-4 hrs!!! He's since backed back down to 6oz. I think he's probably going to be a little bigger that his big bubba too. He's been measuring in the 50 percentile on both height and weight charts, whereas, Cason was always in the 5-10 percentile.

My job is getting better. After the second week of April I will be 8-4 with one weekend a month. I'm so happy that there's finally an end in sight. I'm still picking up about one 12 hour shift every 2 weeks in the ER. That allows me to see some good, complex patients, get skills, and get my ER fix. I feel like I have the best of both worlds right now. It's so nice to be able to be home with all my boys, and I love being able to take them to daycare in the mornings. All in all, we are pretty boring right now, and I think I like it.


No comments: